- ONLINE GIVING: We now have online giving available as a convenient option. To find out more about online giving, CLICK HERE.
- LEADERSHIP NOMINATIONS: At our Annual General Meeting on Sunday May 26, our voting members will be voting on an open Leadership Team position. If you would like to submit a nomination, CLICK HERE.
- MEMBERSHIP: Could this be your next step? If you'd like to explore what it means to become a participating church member, contact Michael at: Michael.Kotsopoulos@themeetinghouse.com
- THE MEETING HOUSE, ALLISTON: We are excited to be transitioning to our new name: "The Meeting House, Alliston". The Meeting House is a church based in Oakville Ontario, which has many sites in the GTA. We have been using teaching from The Meeting House for a couple of years, and we are now moving into a closer partnership. If you'd like more information on The Meeting House, check out www.themeetinghouse.com
- HOME CHURCH: Home Church (small groups) is a great way to make friends, and process the information from Sunday messages. Sign up or get more info by clicking HERE.
- OPPORTUNITIES - your part in the family: We want you to know that you matter. God has given each one of us talents and gifts to help us serve one another and expand His kingdom. To help us know more about you and your unique gifts, please take a few moments to fill out the Opportunities questionnaire by clicking HERE.
- THE DOOR YOUTH CENTRE MISSION TRIP: Amy Thompson will be taking 6 local youth from The Door to Puerto Rico from May 1-8 as part of a program called Project Serve. In Puerto Rico they will be going into the mountains to hand out water purification systems, working in a school & orphanage, and doing construction work to rebuild damaged buildings from Hurricane Maria. If you'd like to support the youth, please make your cheque payable to Highlands Youth For Christ, write "Project Serve Alliston" on the memo line, and give your cheque to Amy Thompson. Donations over $20 will receive a tax receipt. For more information, contact Amy at email@example.com
- STEPHANIE'S MISSION ADVENTURE: Stephanie Konrad is our own homegrown missionary in Guatemala. CLICK HERE to read Stephanie's blog, where you can find all kinds of interesting info about her life as a missionary!
- STEPHEN WRIGHT: Stephen is currently studying and serving with Youth With A Mission (YWAM) in England. To read his blog CLICK HERE
- SUNDAY SERVE SCHEDULE: If you would like to be part of our Sunday Serve Team (Greeters, Welcome Table, Refreshments, Setup/Teardown) please speak to Janette Cridland.
- WORSHIP MINISTRY: we always welcome new members in worship ministry! If you are a musician or are interested in tech arts (sound, computer, video, etc) contact Ruth.Wright@themeetinghouse.com
- NURSERY FACILITIES: Nursery facilities are provided each Sunday for infants. Please help yourself to a few peaceful moments when you can focus on God and what He's saying to you by having your baby in child care.
- LADIES TAKE A BREAK: Ladies of all ages are invited to join us on Monday mornings from 9:30am - 11:00am for a Bible study & refreshments. We meet at Kathy Smith's home, 66 Tuscany Grande in Briar Hill. For more information, contact Yvonne Konrad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Life was never intended to be lived in isolation. That's why our Home Churches meet regularly throughout the year and share life together. Home Church provides a safe place to journey through life and discover the love of God in a community that is invested in seeing real change take place.
Meeting in groups of 5-15, Home Churches focus on providing adults with an environment to study the Bible, share life, and pray for each other.
You're welcome to join a group anytime throughout the year. Find out more information about Home Churches or sign up HERE.
Following the example of Jesus, we want to be known as those who come alongside to support, care for, and encourage each other. We financially support missionaries, who in turn care for people beyond our immediate reach. We are here to offer support, and to help you know that you are not alone. If we can be of support to you, please let us know. CLICK for our contact details.
Faith Community Church was started in 1997 by a few families with a desire to celebrate God in the town of Alliston. Throughout the years we have been inspired by the life and teaching of Jesus, and strive together to live the Jesus way of life. At this time, we are excited to have transitioned to our new name, The Meeting House Alliston, as a member of The Meeting House extended family. We also belong to a group of churches known as BIC Canada. The Meeting House and the BIC encourage us, support us, and help us be the best version of us that we can be. If you’re interested in learning more about BIC Canada or about The Meeting House, check out these links:
ALLISTON OUT OF THE COLD:
Out of the Cold provides safe, respectful and welcoming overnight accommodation and meals to those experiencing homelessness, from November to April. For more information check their website: https://allistonoutofthecold.life